Commonly known as Ozark Witchhazel, The Vernalis Witchhazel is a wonderful addition to any yard. It grows easily in average well drained soil in full sun to part shade. Vernalis witch-hazel has yellow and orange-to-red flowers that appear in late winter to very early spring. The flowers have a spicy fragrance that last three to four weeks. The new foliage has an attractive bronzy-red color that turns a dark green. In fall the colors turn a golden yellow..
- You are purchasing a Ozark Vernalis Witchhazel - 1 plant in a 2 gallon trade pot
- Attracts songbirds, butterflies and hummingbirds
- Early Flowers and Beautiful fall color
- Mature Size: Large shrub up to 8 feet
- Soil: Gravelly to clay soils.
- Hardiness Zone: 4 - 8
- Sun Exposure: Part Shade
- Growth Rate: Slow
- Bloom: yellow to red
- Suggested Uses: Decorative, Specimen
Light Requirement: Part Shade
Soil pH: Acidic (pH<6.8)
Conditions Comments: Very flood tolerant. Will sucker and form large colonies. Slow-growing and tolerates pruning quite well.
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!