The American Witch Hazel is also known as common witch hazel. A beautiful bright yellow, lacy flower will appear in mid to late fall and the leaves are a golden yellow fall color. The flowers are slightly fragrant.
Fertilized flowers will form fruit over a long period and will extend through winter and into the following growing season. The fruits are greenish seed capsules that become woody with age and mature to light brown. In the fall the capsule will open and 1 to 2 seeds will be released.
Witch hazel trees are open, airy and will rarely need pruning. One of the last flowing plants to bloom in the year.
- You are purchasing one American Witchhazel Shrub planted in a 3 Gallon Pot
- Easy to grow
- Showy, fragrant bloom
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Botanical Name: Hamamelis virginiana
- Mature Size (H x W): 15’-20’ x 15’-20’
- Soil: Moist, well-drained
- Hardiness Zone: 3-8
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun to partial shade
- Characteristics: Deciduous shrub, yellow bloom October to December
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Suggested Uses: Shrub border, woodland gardens, screen or tall hedge
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!