If you have room for a large, wide-spreading shrub, this is one of the best multi-season shrubs you can grow!
Doublefile viburnum develops a branching pattern with strong horizontal layers as it matures. This creates an interesting winter framework. It is difficult for any other shrub to match the brilliant floral display in the spring. Its branches are smothered with flat sprays of pure white flowers, giving the impression of snow-laden branches. Later in summer clusters of red berries rest where flowers once stood. Fall brings on a fiery autumnal show of saturated reds. It is wide spreading, so give it plenty of space to develop its spectacular form. For smaller spaces consider removing lower branches to create a small multi-stemmed tree.
- You are purchasing an Snowball bush viburnum 'Mariesii'
- Attracts birds and butterflies
- Wonderful white lacecap-like flowers on horizontally tiered branches
- Red fruit in fall is very ornamental
- Beautiful fall color
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Family: Viburnum plicatum f. tomentosum 'Mariesii' 'Doublefile'
- Mature Size: 12' x 15'
- Soil: Average, well-drained
- Hardiness Zone: 5-8
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun/Part shade
- Characteristics: Medium sized deciduous shrub
- Growth Rate: Fast
- Bloom: Late spring, showy white flower
- Tolerance: Drought
- Suggested Uses: Mixed border, hedge, privacy, specimen, moon garden, woodland garden
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!