Once this easy-care, profusely flowering shrub makes itself at home in your border or foundation, you'll wonder how you ever got by without it.
Chinese Snowball Shrub offers a longer and more profuse season of blooms than any other, with no messy fruits to clean up. Find a place of honor for it this season!
The flowers are the draw here. From late spring and continuing into summer, you'll be rewarded with spectacular, softball-size blooms! These flowers start out lime green and then open to pristine white. They're as big as Hydrangea blooms, and every bit as beautiful. Chinese Snowball Shrub concentrates all its energy into flowers because it's sterile - there are no fruits to follow the blooms, so new buds just keep setting all season.
This shrub is densely clothed in dark green foliage, toothy and somewhat small at 2 to 4 inches long. Naturally symmetrical, it forms a beautiful silhouette, so that even a solo planting is attractive. But its best use is in groups, where the power of its blooming beauty can be seen in full force!
- You are purchasing an Chinese Snowball viburnum - 3.5" Healthy Potted Plant - 3 pack
- Easy care, Fast growing
- Attracts butterflies
- Blooms first year
- Large softball sized flowers
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Family: Viburnum macrocephalum 'Sterile'
- Mature Size: 15' x 10'
- Soil: Average, well-drained
- Hardiness Zone: 6-9
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun/Part shade
- Characteristics: Large shrub, Deciduous
- Growth Rate: Fast
- Bloom: Late spring/early summer, white
- Dangers: Handling plant may cause skin irritation or allergic reaction
- Suggested Uses: Hedge, screening, privacy, tree
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!