Staghorn Sumac is great for a natural screen or windbreak. It will make a beautiful centerpiece in your landscape. Dramatic foliage has bright berries that appear in the spring. Beautiful color leaves appear in the fall. When the leaves fall off, antler-like branches are displayed. The Staghorn Sumac attracts birds, as they love to eat the fruit it produces. The fruit is a red fuzzy fruit that is about 1/8 inch in diameter. The fruit has been known to last into winter. To add to your landscape you can cut the top branches to create a “crown” effect.
- You are purchasing a Staghorn Sumac – 1 Gallon Potted
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Mature Size: 15-30’ high, 20-30’ wide
- Soil: pH soil level 4.5-7.5; slightly less drought tolerant
- Hardiness Zone: 3-8
- Sun Exposure: Full sun to partial shade
- Years to Bear: 2-5
- Characteristics: Showy blooms appear in early to mid-summer
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!