All orders to California will be shipped bare root in accordance with state regulations.
Make a statement with this beauty, the Norway Spruce. This large pyramidal shaped coniferous evergreen is native to the mountains of northern and central Europe. This spruce grows very rapidly and can reach Christmas Tree height in as little as 3 years. The dense, dark green foliage and large pine cones of the Norway Spruce not only makes a great accent or specimen for your large lawn or wooded area, but it also attracts and creates shelter for a variety of wildlife. This tree is also an effective windbreak, shade tree, or even firewood. The Norway Spruce has a fast growth rate when it is young, but slows down with age. A mature tree can reach up to 40’-60’ in height with a spread of 25’-30’ and is adaptable to a variety of conditions, yet does best when grown in a colder climate with full sun in moist, well-drained, acidic soil.
- You are purchasing a multipack of Norway Spruce – Picea abies – Potted in 2.5” Pots
- Easy to care for and maintain
- Fastest growing of the spruces
- Pyramidal shape
- Provides shelter for a variety of wildlife
- Can be shipped dormant
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Family: Picea abies
- Mature Size(H x W) : 40’-60’ x 25’-30’
- Soil: Average, medium, well-drained, acidic soil; clay, loamy, sandy
- Soil pH: Acidic, 4.0-6.0
- Hardiness Zone: 2-7
- Sun Exposure: Full sun
- Characteristics: Needled evergreen conifer; dark green needles about ½”-1” in length
- Growth Rate: Fast growth when young, slows down with age
- Tolerance: Deer, air pollution, and some drought tolerance once established
- Suggested Uses: Great accent or specimen for large lawns or wooded areas, shade tree, effective windbreak, firewood
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!