All orders to California will be shipped bare root in accordance with state regulations.
This tree is one of our favorites, the Blue Spruce! This coniferous evergreen exhibits distinctive qualities which make it extremely popular. The wide base of the spruce tapers off towards the top that forms pyramidal shape. The tiered branches are densely covered with silvery blue-green needles and pinecones ranging from 3”-4” in size. Not only do they have appealing physical qualities, but they are very adaptable to most regions and provide food and shelter for a variety of wildlife. The Blue Spruce makes a great accent or specimen tree, shade tree, effective windbreak, or even grow and use as a future Christmas tree. A mature tree can reach up to 30’-60’ in height with a spread of 10’-20’ and even though it is adaptable to a variety of conditions, the Blue Spruce does best when grown in full sun in moist, well-drained, acidic soil.
- You are purchasing a multipack of Colorado Blue Spruce – Picea pungens – Potted in 2.5” Pots
- Easy to care for and maintain
- Long living specimen
- Pyramidal shape
- Provides food and shelter for a variety of wildlife
- Can be shipped dormant
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Family: Picea pungens
- Mature Size(H x W) : 30’-60’ x 10’-20’
- Soil: Average, medium, well-drained, acidic soil; clay, loamy, sandy
- Soil pH: Acidic, 3.7-6.5
- Hardiness Zone: 2-7
- Sun Exposure: Full sun
- Characteristics: Needled evergreen conifer; Prickly, silvery blue-green needles about 1”-1 1/2” in length; fragrant
- Growth Rate: Fast growth when young, slows down with age
- Tolerance: Deer, air pollution, and some drought tolerance once established
- Suggested Uses: Great accent or specimen for large lawns or wooded areas, shade tree, effective windbreak
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!