All orders to California will be shipped bare root in accordance with state regulations.
A medium-sized tree, the sourwood is particularly outstanding in the summer and fall. In midsummer, flowers appear that resemble lilies-of-the-valley, are highly fragrant, and contrast nicely against the green foliage. In the fall, the leaves turn intense shades of brilliant crimson, purplish-red and sometimes yellow.
- You are purchasing a Sourwood Tree – 1 Gallon Pot
- Provides great fall color, leaves turning crimson, purplish-red and sometimes yellow in the fall
- Grows in oval shape
- Can live 100-200 years if planted in the right sites
- Can be shipped dormant
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Botanical name: Oxydendrum arboreum
- Mature Size(H x W) : 25'-30' x 20'
- Soil: Moist, well-drained
- Hardiness Zone: 5-9
- Sun Exposure: Full sun
- Characteristics: Shade and Ornamental Tree
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Tolerance: Some drought
- Suggested Uses: Specimen, shade tree
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!