All orders to California will be shipped bare root in accordance with state regulations.
Shadblow is one of the first native trees to bloom each spring. It can be grown as a shrub or small, multi-stemmed tree. Early-flowering with slightly fragrant, white flower clusters that appear before the leaves appear in early spring, the flowers give way to purple-black berries that are edible. The flavorful berries can be used in jams, jellies, and pies.
- You are purchasing one – Shadblow Serviceberry - 1 gallon trade pot
- White flowers in early spring
- Edible black fruit
- Golden foliage in fall
- Wildlife interest
- Can be shipped dormant
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Botanical Name: Amelanchier Canadensis ‘Shadblow’
- Mature Size (H x W) : 20’-25’ x 10’-15’
- Soil: Moist, well-drained
- Hardiness Zone: 3-7
- Sun Exposure: Full sun to partial shade
- Characteristics: Dense, multi-stemmed shrub or small tree
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Suggested Uses: Flowering tree, Specimen
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!