’May Night’ Salvia, also known as meadow sage, features tall spikes of deep purple/blue flowers atop compact mounds of green foliage. This standout perennial is perfect for mixed borders, flower beds, and patio containers. It thrives in areas where spring and summer nights stay cool.
Because May Night blooms appear in late spring and linger into early summer, they’re a perfect pairing with peonies and roses.
Tip: Potted dormant perennials can be kept in a well-lit cool/cold area (i.e. garage, shed, even in a protected area outdoors) until ready for spring planting. Do not allow them to completely dry out.
- You are purchasing one – ‘May Night’ Salvia - 1 quart pot
- Also known as May Night Meadow Sage
- 1997 Perennial Plant of the Year
- Deer and rabbit resistant
- Attracts butterflies and bees
- Blooms late spring to late summer
- Can be shipped dormant
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Botanical Name: Salvia x sylvestris ‘May Night’
- Mature Size(H x W) : 15"-18" x 18"
- Soil: Sandy to average soil
- Hardiness Zone: 4-9
- Sun Exposure: Full sun
- Characteristics: Deep purple flower spikes, extended bloom time, herbaceous perennial
- Growth Rate: Fast
- Suggested Uses: Border, Container, Cutting Gardens, Rock Gardens
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!