The Forest Pansy Redbud is a lovely small tree. It works well in gardens and backyards. The Forest Pansy has shiny heart-shaped leaves that grow in purple-red and as they mature the leaves deepen to maroon. In early spring the bright rose-purple colored flowers blossom and fill their canopies. Unlike other redbud the Forest Pansy flowers are especially noticeable because they appear before the leaves emerge. Hummingbirds love the flowers.
The Forest Pansy redbud is a low-maintenance tree and it requires little care. It tolerates deer, clay soil and drought and it is not invasive. A Forest Pansy redbud will grow in either sun or part shade. You will want to pick a spot in partial shade if you have hot summers and if your summers are mild pick a sunny location. It usually grows to about 20-30 feet tall and the horizontal branches spread some 25 feet wide.
- You are purchasing 1 Forest Pansy Redbud Tree in a 2 gallon pot
- Forms a graceful, flat-topped, vase shape
- Spring blooms attract hummingbirds
- Great accent or specimen when used for yard or garden tree
- Mature Size (H x W): 20’-30’ X 20’-25’
- Soil: tolerant of less than ideal soil, including sandy soils and heavier, clay-based soils.
- Hardiness Zones: 2-9
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Characteristics: Forms a graceful, flat-topped, vase shape.
- Bloom: Bright rose purple
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Tolerance: Clay soil, wet soil
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!