All orders to California will be shipped bare root in accordance with state regulations.
Serving as the state tree of Kentucky, Indiana, and Tennessee, the Tulip Poplar tree is a beautiful, fast growing, shade tree. The Tulip flowers give you a delightful nectar fragrance. The nectar attracts birds and other small wildlife. If you are a wildlife lover then you need to add this tree to your landscape. Leaves are light green in the summer then turn to a bright yellow during the fall.
The Tulip Poplar Tree grows about 40 feet wide and is highly resistant to disease and insects. This tree is very easy to grow and highly adaptable to a variety of soils, even grows in wet soil. In open areas, the Tulip poplar usually grows into a cone shape.
- You are purchasing one Tulip Poplar Tree planted in a 1 Gallon Pot
- Easy to care for and maintain
- Considered a shade and ornamental tree
- Thick, spreading canopy provides excellent shade
- Aromatic stems
- Attracts hummingbirds
- Great accent of specimen tree for its beauty and visual interest
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Botanical Name: Liriodendron tulipifera
- Mature Size (H x W): 70’-90’ x 40’
- Soil: Moist, well-drained soil
- Hardiness Zone: 4-9
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun
- Characteristics: Wide canopy of 4-lobed bright green leaves, 3”-6” long, turn a golden yellow in the fall
- Fruit: Colorful seeds attracting birds and small mammals
- Bloom: Large, showy flowers; greenish-yellow petals with a splash of orange at the base
- Growth Rate: Fast
- Tolerance: Rabbit, deer, and clay soil
- Suggested Uses: Ornamental, specimen, accent plant
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!