Whether grown as a small tree or large, multi-stemmed shrub, the Native American Plum Tree makes a great addition to any garden! Known for its ornamental value and fragrant, clusters of 5-petaled, white flowers emerge in the spring-time. The foliage is simple and ovate, medium green in color changing to lovely shades of yellow or reddish in the fall. Tasty red plums about an inch in size ripen in early summer and attract songbirds, game birds, small and large animals.
This is the plum tree you remember in your grandmother’s yard. You won’t find any better for eating fresh or jams, jellies, and preserves.
- You are purchasing one – Native American Plum Tree - 2 gallon trade pot
- Also known as Wild Plum or Marshall’s Large Yellow Sweet Plum
- Easy to care for and maintain
- Attracts songbirds, game birds, small and large animals
- Deciduous, thorny, single trunk tree or multi-stemmed shrub
- Can be shipped dormant
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Botanical Name: Prunus americana
- Mature Size(H x W) : 12’-20’ x 12’-20’
- Soil: Average, dry to medium, well-drained
- Hardiness Zone: 3-8
- Sun Exposure: Full to partial sun
- Characteristics: Simple, oblong shaped leaves, medium-green, changing to yellow or reddish in the fall, clusters of 5-petaled white flowers
- Growth Rate: Fast
- Suggested Uses: Fruit, cooking, preserves, specimen
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!