All orders to California will be shipped bare root in accordance with state regulations.
Chickasaw plum grows as either a thick-limbed shrub or a small tree with a rounded mass of slender, thorny branches sprouting from a short trunk. In spring before the leaves appear, it is festooned with small, white, fragrant flowers which makes for a pleasingly decorative tree when most others are still dormant. Small, 0.5” diameter fruit are red, ripen to yellow, and can either be eaten fresh or used to make jelly.
Chickasaw plum grows in almost any soil, except strongly alkaline. It occurs naturally in sandy soils, but will perform well when planted in heavier clay-loam soils.
- You are purchasing one – Chickasaw Plum Tree - 2 gallon pot
- Also known as Sandhill plum, sand plum, mountain cherry
- Easy to care for and maintain
- Can be shipped dormant
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Botanical Name: Prunus angustifolia Marshall
- Mature Size(H x W) : 25’ x 25’
- Soil: Average, dry to medium, well-drained
- Hardiness Zone: 6-9
- Sun Exposure: Full to partial sun
- Characteristics: Fruits June-August
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Suggested Uses: Fruit, cooking, preserves, specimen
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!