Deliciously fragrant, snowball-like flowers don the open branches of fragrant snowball in mid to late spring. Upright to rounded in habit with open branching.
Heart-like leaves are medium to dark green with a slight luster. In late spring, rounded clusters of pink buds appear on branch tips and open to many small white, five petaled flowers that are beautifully fragrant. Each floral "snowball" is about the size of a baseball. Bees and butterflies frequent the blossoms and result in the formation of small red berries that mature to black. In autumn the shrub can become flushed with pretty tones of orange-red, burgundy or purple.
- You are purchasing a Carlesii Snowball Viburnum in a 1 gallon pot
- Attracts bees, butterflies
- Fragrant baseball size flowers
- Fall interest
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Family: Viburnum carlesii x carlcephalum 'Fragrant Viburnum'
- Mature Size: 15' x 10'
- Soil: Loam, clay, sand, well-drained
- Hardiness Zone: 6-8
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun/Part shade
- Characteristics: Shrub, fragrant
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Bloom: Late spring/early summer, white
- Dangers: Parts of plant are poisonous if ingested
- Suggested Uses: Beds, borders, cottage garden, woodland garden, open walkways would be bathed in floral perfume
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!