If you're in search of a specimen tree or shrub to make a splash in your yard, look no further!
The saucer magnolia is a landscape show-stopper. The stunning early spring blossoms have been said to open "like a thousand porcelain goblets," and lush summertime leaves are dark green and leathery, adding nice contrast to silvery-gray bark. One of the most popular flowering trees in the United States, the saucer magnolia is also widely planted in Europe.
- You are purchasing a Magnolia soulangeana 'Saucer Magnolia Tree in a 2 Gallon Pot
- Attractive fragrant pink and white flowers that can be 5"-10" diameter
- Blooms late February to April with some blossoms reappearing throughout the summer
- Can be trained to grow as a shrub or small tree with multiple stems or single trunk
- Wildlife use larger branches as nesting sites; seeds are eaten by a variety of birds
- Low maintenance
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Family: Magnolia x soulangeana 'Lennei' 'Saucer Magnolia'
- Mature Size: 30' x 30'
- Soil: Acidic, loamy, moist, rich, sandy, well-drained and clay soil
- Hardiness Zone: 4-9
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun/Part Shade
- Characteristics: Deciduous, flowering tree
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Bloom: Spring, showy fragrant pink, purple, white flowers
- Suggested Uses: Formal garden, woodland garden, specimen
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!