A fresh heavenly scent to fill your garden! Old Glory Lilac is one of the few lilacs that stands up to the sweltering heat and humidity of the south. The deciduous, multi-stemmed shrub has a compact, rounded habit displaying thick, dark green foliage. Abundant showy, fragrant, bluish-purple flowers decorate the branches attracting butterflies, hummingbirds, and bees in spring. Not only are these flower clusters great to look at outside, but bring them in and place into a flower arrangement for home interior decorations.
- You are purchasing a 1 Gallon Old Glory Lilac
- Hybrid of Syringa ‘Charity’ and Syringa x hyacinthiflora ‘Pocahontas’
- Easy to care for and maintain
- Deciduous shrub with compact, rounded growth habit
- Stands up to sweltering heat and high humidity
- Attracts butterflies and hummingbirds
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Botanical name: Syringa vulgaris
- Mature Size: 8'-10’ x 8'-10'
- Soil: Rich, fertile, well-drained
- Hardiness Zone: 5-9
- Sun Exposure: Full sun
- Characteristics: Deciduous shrub; thick, deep green foliage
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Bloom: Showy, fragrant bluish-purple flowers in the spring
- Suggested Uses: Cutting garden, hedge, mass planting, privacy screen, urban garden, wildlife garden
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!