Dusty Rose is a spectacular unique coloration of the ornamental shrub, Rose of Sharon. You will not only have gorgeous flowers, but will provide them for a very long time! It blooms profusely from early summer and into fall. It’s the type of show that will be impossible to miss in your yard.
Hibiscus syriacus, commonly called rose of Sharon or shrub althea, is a vigorous, upright, vase-shaped, multi-stemmed, deciduous shrub that typically grows 6’-8’ (less frequently to 10”) tall. It may be trained as a small tree or espalier.
Eye-catching shrub, valued for exceptional flowers and long bloom season. Heavily ruffled, blooms have a yellowish center.
- You are purchasing a Dusty Rose hibiscus in a one gallon pot.
- Attracts hummingbirds and butterflies
- Showy, 5-petaled flowers to 3” diameter from early summer through fall
- Plant several as a hedge along your house or outbuilding, or group a few at the edge of a perennial bed for a tall, eye-catching splash of color
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Family: Hibiscus syriacus
- Mature Size: 10’ x 6’
- Hardiness Zone: 5-8
- Soil: Average, well-drained
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun/Part Sun
- Characteristics: Deciduous shrub
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Tolerance: deer, drought, clay soil, black walnut
- Suggested Uses: Hedge, mass screen, trained as single trunk for container, specimen or focal point
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!