With ascending reddish-brown branches and a symmetrical
pyramidal or rounded crown, ‘Magenta’ is an attractive, compact tree, reaching
heights of up to 30 feet. The leaves are red in the spring and retain a reddish
hue for most of the year. Attractive pink flowers cover the tree in May. The
fruit is a ½-inch diameter, dark-red pome that ripens in October.
‘Magenta’ can be grown wherever apples prove hardy. Its best
adaptation is in the Midwestern and northeastern parts of the country.
‘Magenta’ grows well in most kinds of soil although its best performance has
been recorded on loam soils.
**Images are of mature plants
- You are purchasing an Magenta Crabapple Tree 1 gallon
- Late Spring/ Early Summer blooms
- Produces edible fruit for birds, deer, etc.
- Flower Color: Pink to red flowers
- Red to Purple leaves
- Full sun
- Mature Height: up to 25 ft.
- Hardiness Zones: 3-10
- Soil: Loamy soil
- Growth Rate: Moderate
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!