Winter Gem is among the hardiest of Boxwoods, with rich green foliage that turns a golden bronze hue through the winter if in full sun, returning to green in the sprint. If planted in shade, they will rarely acquire a bronze color in the winter. Especially perfect for formal gardens, or to line paths.
Boxwood is the classic hedge plant. It features a dense, evergreen growth that makes it perfect for trimming into a small, formal hedge, or as individual specimens lining a path or border. Often used for defining different spaces in a garden or as a foundation cover-up. The evergreen color makes it especially pretty in front of red brick. Boxwood is also wonderful as topiaries and hedge mazes.
- You are purchasing a Winter Gem Boxwood in a 1 gallon pot
- Deer resistant
- Year-round interest
- Low maintenance, can take heavy pruning
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Family: Buxus microphylla japonica ‘Winter Gem’
- Mature Size(H x W) : 4’-6’ x 4’-6’ when unpruned
- Soil: Moist, well-drained soil
- Hardiness Zone: 5-9
- Sun Exposure: Partial to full sun
- Characteristics: Evergreen
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Suggested Uses: Border, Container, Hedge, Mass Planting, Specimen, Topiary, Urban Garden
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!