All orders to California will be shipped bare root in accordance with state regulations.
A standout among peonies, Krinkled White is a single flower with white, crinkled-petal edges, accented with golden yellow centers. Its sturdy, straight stem makes it excellent for cut flowers or bouquets. This is a midseason peony, so it’s excellent in a bed surrounded by early and late blooming peonies, so that you have blooms all season long.
Peonies are tough, undemanding perennials that can bloom happily for a century or more with little care. Choose a sunny to lightly shaded spot to plant with good air circulation and plenty of room for them to grow. Because they like ample water, they do best in somewhat heavier clay-type soils and away from the roots of trees and shrubs.
When planting, water deeply and maintain even soil moisture until the ground freezes to help the plant develop as many feeder roots as possible its first fall. To protect the delicate roots the first winter, apply mulch. After the ground freezes, mound the newly planted area with 2-4 inches of soil or 5-8 inches of a fluffy, non-matting mulch such as straw, cornstalks, peat moss, or evergreen boughs – but not leaves.
Tip: Potted dormant perennials can be kept in a well-lit cool/cold area (i.e. garage, shed, even in a protected area outdoors) until ready for spring planting. Do not allow them to completely dry out.
- You are purchasing one – Krinkled White Peony - 1 gallon pot
- Slight fragrance
- Attracts butterflies; Rabbit and deer resistant
- Can be shipped dormant
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Botanical Name: Paeonia lactiflora ‘Krinkled White’
- Mature Size (H x W) : 36” Tall x 24” Wide
- Soil: Fertile, well-drained
- Hardiness Zone: 3-8
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun
- Characteristics: Large single white peony
- Growth Rate: Fast
- Bloom: White with crinkled edges, yellow center
- Suggested Uses: Border, Specimen, Cut Flowers