This is one of the most fragrant peonies you can grow - you won’t go wrong adding this one to your spring garden!
Julia Rose has showy large blooms standing proudly atop bold, erect stems. Lush bushy mounds of large, rich green, divided leaves often turn bronze in the fall, remaining attractive throughout summer until the first frost. Butterflies and other pollinators are attracted to fragrant blooms from mid to late spring. Julia Rose Peony is excellent when used for a fresh floral arrangement, as well as a background or border plant. At maturity, growing up to 3' - 4’ in height with a spread of 3’-4’, she really packs a punch! Peonies are easy to grow and maintain and will return year after year. Julia Rose grows best in moist, well-drained and highly organic soil receiving full sunlight to partial shade. Peonies may not bloom the first year. Peonies die to the ground in the winter.
- Mature Size (H x W): 2' X 2'-3'
- Soil: Fertile, moist, well-drained soil; sightly alkaline soil
- Hardiness Zones: 4-8
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Lush bushy mounds of large, rich green, divided leaves often turning bronze tones in the fall
- Bloom: Pinkish apricot and orange, on erect stems
- Growth Rate: Medium
- Tolerance: Rabbit, deer
- Tip: Potted dormant perennials can be kept in a well-lit cool/cold area (ie. Garage, shed, even in a protected area outdoors) until ready for spring planting. Do not allow them to completely dry out.