All orders to California will be shipped bare root in accordance with state regulations.
Although smaller, and harder to crack and shell, native pecans taste better than the grafted papershell selections. If you don’t believe us, just ask your grandmother! The nut has been a staple food for American Indians who pound the nut into a thin meal and then add water to create a nutritious pecan milk. Pecans are also frequently added to vegetable dishes that include beans, corn, and squashes.
Pecans are highly nutritious as they are sodium-free and contain more than 19 vitamins and minerals, as well as 18% protein content.
Although not explicitly endangered, the American Native Pecan is at risk and in need of revitalization.
While this tree does tolerate poorly drained alkaline clay soils, but it is best on well-drained fertile bottom ground or low slopes. The addition of zinc sulfate in the spring and summer helps boost mast production.
- You are purchasing 1 Native Pecan Tree – potted in 2 Gallon Pot
- Can be shipped dormant
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Botanical Name: Carya illinoinensis
- Mature Size(H x W) : 140’ x 80’
- Soil: Grows best in deep soils; Moist, well-drained
- Soil pH: 4.3-7.5+
- Hardiness Zone: 6-9
- Sun Exposure: Full sun
- Characteristics: Edible nuts, Deciduous
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Suggested Uses: Specimen, nut tree
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!