Pecan features medium green, odd-pinnate, compound leaves. Leaves mature to yellow-green in summer, eventually turning yellow-brown in fall. The flowers are monoecious (individual flowers are either male or female, but both sexes can be found on the same plant) and are pollinated by wind. The plant is self-fertile. Female flowers give way to sweet, edible nuts. Each nut is encased in a thin husk which splits open in four sections when ripe in fall.
- You are purchasing - Hardy Pecan Tree - 2.5'-3' Plug - 3 pack
- Attracts fox, squirrel, opossum, raccoon, deer, turkey
- Native to US
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Family: Carya illinoinensis
- Mature Size (H x W): 100' x 70'
- Soil: Average, moist, well-drained
- Hardiness zones: 5-9
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun
- Characteristics: Shade Tree, Showy, Edible Fruit, Deciduous
- Growth Rate: Slow
- Spacing: 30'-40'
- Tolerance: Clay soil, Black Walnut
- Suggested uses: Shade Tree, Specimen Tree
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!