All orders to California will be shipped bare root in accordance with state regulations.
'Praying Hands' Hosta is best described by one word...Unique!
'Praying Hands' gets its name from the narrow, tightly folded leaves that resemble hands folded in prayer. Instead of the usual wide, outspread leaves of most hostas, 'Praying Hands' has very upright leaves with an odd appearance. This distinctive, medium-sized cultivar is best used as a specimen or interesting vertical accent in the garden, combined with spreading hostas or other mounding perennials. It also makes a dramatic statement in containers.
The 7" dark green leaves are heavily rippled or crinkled and have very narrow cream to gold-colored margins. Sometimes faint vertical gold accents that echo the margins are visible. The upper-sides of the leaves have a matte finish, while the undersides are more shiny - which shows well as the leaves are held up and folded to readily reveal the undersides with their prominent veins. The leaves are also somewhat contorted or twisted and wavy in addition to folding inward.
In mid-summer 18" spikes of light lavender flowers bloom in dense clusters above the foliage.
Hint: Potted dormant perennials can be kept in a well-lit cool/cold area (i.e. garage, shed, even in a protected area outdoors) until ready for spring planting. Do not allow them to completely dry out.
- You are purchasing one - Praying Hands Hosta - Healthy live potted plant - 4" pot
- Like no other; definitely a collector's item!
- Upright, narrow, tightly folded leaves resemble hands folded in prayer
- Attracts hummingbirds
- 'Praying Hands' Hosta has an upright growth habit that makes a great container plant
- Easy Care
- Can be shipped dormant
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Family: Liliaceae ‘Praying Hands’
- Mature Size (H x W): 18" x 16"
- Soil: Average, well-drained
- Hardiness Zone: 3-9
- Sun Exposure: Partial/Full Shade
- Characteristics: Perennial, Unique foliage
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Bloom: Lavender shades
- Spacing: 15"-18"
- Tolerance: Deer, rabbit resistant
- Suggested Uses: Border, Container, Patio, Edging, Woodland, Vertical Accent, Specimen
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!