Hostas are herbaceous perennial plants. These plants provide a focal point when using in landscapes and gardens. First Frost has blue-green leaves with a bright gold margin in the spring, fading to a white in late summer. The leaves are slightly wavy.
Lavender flowers appear in midsummer on 30" scapes. Large leaves provide excellent coverage for dying foliage. With their subtle colors, tall flower scapes and broad leafs bring versatility in the landscape. Hostas can spread as wide as 36 inches and 14 inches tall. Hostas are shade-tolerant plants. You will enjoy this plant year after year and will look good until "first frost".
Large mounds of Hosta are not only beautiful as borders and in gardens, but also great to use in floral arrangements as filler.
Tip: Potted dormant perennials can be kept in a well-lit cool/cold area (i.e. garage, shed, even in a protected area outdoors) until ready for spring planting. Do not allow them to completely dry out.
- You are purchasing one - First Frost Hosta - 4" pot
- Loves the sun to part shade and easy to grow!
- Will bloom in the summer
- Attracts hummingbirds
- Pest resistant
- Can be shipped dormant
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Family: Funkia, Plantain Lily, First Frost Hosta
- Mature Size(H x W) : 16”-36”
- Soil: Medium wet, well –drained, normal to acidic
- Hardiness Zone: 3-9
- Sun Exposure: Mostly sunny to mostly shady
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Bloom: Pale lavender bloom in midsummer
- Suggested Uses: Container, patio, woodland, shade, eclectic
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!