All orders to California will be shipped bare root in accordance with state regulations.
The world's largest Hosta! This astonishing hosta is more like a shrub than a perennial!
It will eventually mature to 4-5' tall and spread to 6-8' wide with huge, deeply-veined, green leaves to 28" long by 25" wide. Leaves emerge blue-green in spring, but lose the waxy coating and blue tint as they mature by summer to matte or slightly shiny green.
In mid-summer it is topped with lavender flowers on stem 5' tall! What a glorious sight in a partly shaded garden!
Tip: Potted dormant perennials can be kept in a well-lit cool/cold area (i.e. garage, shed, even in a protected area outdoors) until ready for spring planting. Do not allow them to completely dry out.
- You are purchasing one - Empress Wu Hosta P.P. #20,774- 1 Quart Pot
- Attracts hummingbirds
- 'Empress Wu' is by reputation the largest hosta
- This gigantic hosta serves as a striking specimen or accent to shady areas of the landscape
- Easy care
- Can be shipped dormant
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Family: Asparagaceae ‘Empress Wu’
- Mature Size (H x W): 5' x 8'
- Soil: Average to medium moisture, well-drained
- Hardiness Zone: 3-8
- Sun Exposure: Part to Full Shade
- Characteristics: Perennial
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Bloom: Pale lavender bloom July to August
- Tolerance: Heavy shade, Black Walnut, cold hardy, drought, heat, humidity
- Suggested Uses: Asian/Zen, Cottage, Tropical Garden, Specimen
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!