Such a delight! 'Blue Mouse Ears' sets exquisite soft blue-green leaves, gently curled, with substantial texture. A tightly mounded miniature, it keeps its distinctive color throughout the summer heat, looking as attractive in containers as it does in the shade border.
Leathery and heart-shaped leaves are infused with a rich aquamarine shade of blue-green that remains even in hot, sunny summer weather. Very dense and neat, the foliage is topped in mid-summer by lavender blooms held on short scapes.
Tip: Potted dormant perennials can be kept in a well-lit cool/cold area (i.e. garage, shed, even in a protected area outdoors) until ready for spring planting. Do not allow them to completely dry out.
- You are purchasing one - Blue Mouse Ears Hosta - 1 quart pot
- Adorable miniature Hosta
- Attracts hummingbirds
- Forms perfectly symmetrical mound
- Clusters of lavender, bell-shaped flowers are produced on proportionally short 12" scapes in mid-summer
- Can be shipped dormant
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Family: Asparagaceae ‘Blue Mouse Ears’
- Mature Size(H x W) : 8” x 19”
- Soil: Moist, well-drained, highly organic soil best
- Soil pH: Neutral to acidic
- Hardiness Zone: 3-9
- Sun Exposure: Light to full shade
- Characteristics: Blue gray, Perennial, Miniature
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Suggested Uses: Border, Container, Rock Gardens, Edging
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!