All orders to California will be shipped bare root in accordance with state regulations.
Foster Holly is a broadleaf evergreen tree with a dense, upright, pyramidal habit. Glossy, dark olive evergreen leaves (2-3" long). Each leaf has 1-5 well-spaced, tiny, spiny, marginal teeth per side. Small white flowers bloom in late spring. Flowers are followed in fall by an abundant and showy crop of bright red berry-like drupes which persist throughout the winter bringing interest to the landscape. This is a self-pollinating variety, so it doesn't require a second plant nearby to set fruit.
- You are purchasing a pack of Foster Holly - 12"-14" - each potted in 2.5" pot
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Family: Ilex x attenuata 'Fosteri'
- Mature Size (HxW): 30'x15'
- Soil: Rich, medium moisture, well-drained
- Soil pH: 4.5-6.0
- Hardiness Zone: 6-9
- Sun Exposure: Full sun, partial shade
- Characteristics: Tree, Evergreen, Red Berries
- Growth Rate: Slow
- Spacing: 15'-20'
- Dangers: Parts of plant are poisonous if ingested
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!