Probably the most popular hardneck type, because most garlic lovers find the flavor to be 'true garlic.' Has a delightful coloring, superb classic rich flavor. Easy to peel. Keeps well for 4-6 months. Large brown-red cloves (8-12 per bulb). Outer wrapper varies cream to deep purple stripes.
Garlic can be planted in the spring as soon as the ground can be worked, but fall planting is recommended. In areas that get a hard frost, plant garlic 6-8 weeks before the first frost, cover with a 3" layer of straw, grass clippings or other organic mulch.
- You are purchasing Spanish Roja Garlic Bulbs
- Family: Allium sativum var. rocambole ‘Spanish Roja’
- Soil: Well-drained, plenty of organic matter
- Hardiness Zone: 3-9
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun
- Characteristics: Hardneck
- Ripens/Harvest: Fall/240 days, Spring/90 days
- Spacing: Block Planting - 4" apart in rows 6" apart, 1"-2" deep
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!