You'll be able to enjoy a display of fluffy white flowers that look like bottle brushes every spring and this shrub is fantastic when it comes to fall colors! The leaves come in a rainbow of colors - red, violet, pink, yellow, orange and green.
Compact and slow-growing, this mounding, deciduous shrub with its dense bottlebrush-like flower spikes (to 1-2" long) blooms in spring (April-early May) before the leaves appear in summer. Only the male flowers have color (showy white filaments and yellow anthers). Flowers are aromatic. Leaves turn often brilliant shades of yellow, orange and red in fall.
- You are purchasing a Fothergilla gardenii - 6"-12" - 3 pack
- White flowers in 1 to 2 inch long, bottlebrush-like clusters in early spring; fragrant
- Brilliant red, violet, pink, yellow, orange, and green fall color
- North American native
- Year-round interest
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Family: Hamamelidaceae 'Fothergilla gardenii'
- Mature Size (HxW): 3' x 4'
- Hardiness Zone: 5-8
- Soil: Moist, rich, well-drained, acidic soil
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun/Part Shade - Best flowers in full sun
- Characteristics: Low, dense, bush shrub, deciduous
- Growth Rate: Slow
- Tolerance: Not drought tolerant
- Bloom: Spring bloom, fragrant, showy flowers
- Suggested Uses: beds, borders, groups, masses, foundations, cottage gardens
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!