Shade Cloth is one of our most versatile products. You will find it an essential part of your greenhouse if you plan on growing through the summer months. It helps cut down on the temperature tremendously, keeping your greenhouse functional.
You will find our knitted Shade Cloth dependable and tough as nails, resisting break down and brittleness over time, unlike other brands. Featuring tough, lock-stitch construction and durable taped binding at no extra charge, grommets are also placed every 2 feet around the perimeter of your cloth. Most customers have found they can get a lifespan of 10-15 years out of their cloth as long as it is removed during the winter months.
You can use Shade Cloth on Greenhouses, Fences, Canopies, virtually anything you need to provide shade for. It can also be used for trellises, porches, livestock pens, and boats, the possibilities are endless. Choose from a variety of colors and percentages of shade. Feel free to use our custom Shade Cloth Calculator to create a customized fit for your project! Our shade cloth calculator is a convenient on-line option if you require a non-standard size or a change in the grommets and/or edges. There are no hidden charges for grommets, binding, fabrication, or custom sizes.
For most hoop houses, use Black, White or Aluminet in percentages of 50% and under to provide relief from too much sun and heat. Using Shade Cloth with Roll-up Side and/or automated ventilation will make a drastic difference for your plants, saving them from burning up in the heat.
For privacy and windbreaks, you can use percentages of 70% and higher in your choice of colors.
All pieces will include factory seams.
Features of Our Shade Cloth:
- Better Ventilation and Water Permeable: Open lock stitch design reduces wind speed and heat buildup in structure
- Lightweight and Easy to Install: 20-25% lighter than woven shade cloth with dramatically more strength. Can be cut on site and will not unravel
- UV Protection: UV resistant, high density polyethylene. Crop protection for UV and heat sensitive plants
- Wide Widths: Available up to 34 feet
- Chemical Resistant: Resists most horticultural chemicals, sprays, and detergents
- Reduce Soil Moisture Loss: Less evaporation
- Tough Lock Stitch Knitted Construction: Resists rips, tears, and fraying. Shade levels remain constant during product life
- Cost Effective: No edge taping and minimal sewing required thanks to knitted lock stitch