Also commonly called a hedge apple, the Osage orange is a medium-sized tree with a short trunk and rounded crown whose claim to fame is large globular, greenish colored, knobby fruit that is non-edible. Its wood is extremely hard and was once used in the Midwest for fence posts.
- You are purchasing one Osage Orange tree in a 1 Gallon Trade Pot
- Also known as Hedge apple
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Botanical Name: Maclura pomifera
- Mature Size (H x W): 20’-40’x20’x40’
- Soil: Average, moist, well-drained
- Hardiness Zone: 4-9
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun
- Characteristics: Deciduous tree, thorns, fall color, showy fruit, attractive bark
- Growth Rate: Moderate to Fast
- Suggested Uses: Parkway/street, Shade Tree, Specimen
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!