Willow Oak trees are some of the most beautiful trees planted. Bright green leaves in the summer turn to a beautiful yellow to russet in the fall. This tree also produces good crops of acorns.
The first scientific observation regarding this tree was made in 1723. The wood has been used since pioneering days for newel posts, pulpits, pews, bar tops, wagon axles, stairs, railing, balustrades, bedsteads and flour barrels.
- You are purchasing one – potted Willow Oak Tree - 1 gallon pot
- Features spear-shaped leaves that are 2”-5” long, each with a tiny bristle at the tip
- Transplants more easily than most oaks
- Pyramidal in shape
- Can be shipped dormant
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Botanical Name: Quercus phellos
- Mature Size(H x W) : 40’-60’ x 30’-40’
- Soil: Tolerates poorly drained soil, prefers acidic soil
- Hardiness Zone: 5-9
- Sun Exposure: Full sun
- Characteristics: Pyramid in shape, with spear-shaped leaves. Blooms April-May
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Suggested Uses: Specimen
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!