All orders to California will be shipped bare root in accordance with state regulations.
Swamp Chestnut Oak is one of those trees that may be difficult to find in commercial nurseries, but it is definitely worth purchasing when you do! It provides dense shade and beautiful fall red color, wonderful for use as a shade tree in residential yards.
One of the most important timber trees in the South, it grows on moist and wet loamy soils of bottom lands, along streams, and borders of swamps in mixed hardwoods. The high quality wood is used in all kinds of construction. The acorns are sweet and serve as food to wildlife.
- You are purchasing one – Swamp Chestnut Oak Tree - 1 gallon pot
- Also known as Basket Oak
- Can be shipped dormant
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Botanical Name: Quercus michauxii
- Mature Size(H x W) : 60’-100’ x 40’-60’
- Soil: Moist, well-drained
- Hardiness Zone: 5-9
- Sun Exposure: Full sun
- Characteristics: Large tree
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Suggested Uses: Specimen, shade, parkway/street
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!