All orders to California will be shipped bare root in accordance with state regulations.
A must have in your yard! Scarlet Oak is a popular and handsome shade and ornamental tree. Before fall, you will enjoy sitting under the large green oak leaves as they spread a shaded canopy over the lawn. Like the name, this tree will produce a brilliant shade of scarlet red in the fall. Acorns are produced every 3-5 years as well, providing food source for local songbirds, wild turkeys, squirrels and white-tailed deer.
- You are purchasing one Scarlet Oak Tree planted in a 1 Gallon Pot
- Easy to care for and mantain
- Extremely large, durable shade tree with rounded, open form at maturity
- Valuable to wildlife
- Great accent or specimen tree for large lawns or reclamation
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Botanical Name: Quercus coccinea
- Mature Size (H x W): 70’-80’ x 40’-50’
- Soil: Average, dry to medium, sandy
- Hardiness Zone: 4-9
- Sun Exposure: Full sun
- Characteristics: Leaf has sharp-pointed, coarse-toothed lobes with colors ranging from bright red in early spring to a shiny green in summer then scarlet in the fall
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Suggested Uses: Ornamental, specimen, accent plant
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!