Southern Red Oaks will be around for hundreds of years! Southern red oak is a medium-sized, straight-trunked oak which, in time, develops long, spreading branches, giving the top an even, well-formed appearance. The bark on the Southern Oak is thick, dark, brownish-black and deeply furrowed, with small, pebbly scales. The leaf is simple, and deeply lobed, with 3 to 5 bristle-tipped lobes per leaf. The middle, terminal lobe is upright, while the outer lobes are frequently long, narrow, and sickle-shaped. The southern red oak is a fast growing, tough tree. The leaves are shiny and green on one side, fuzzy on the other. In fall the leaves on this lovely oak turn’s yellow-red brown.
- You are purchasing one – Southern Red Oak Tree - 1 gallon pot
- Also known as Spanish Oak
- Leaves turn to a variety of colors but typically yellow-brown in the fall
- Can be shipped dormant
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Botanical Name: Quercus falcata
- Mature Size(H x W) : 70’-80’ x 45’-50’
- Soil: Grows best in dry, sandy, clay soils
- Hardiness Zone: 6-10
- Sun Exposure: Full sun
- Characteristics: Fall color, fast growing
- Growth Rate: Fast
- Suggested Uses: Specimen
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!