All orders to California will be shipped bare root in accordance with state regulations.
Black Oak is similar in appearance to Red Oak, but it has an ability to thrive on poor and varied soils. It features deeply furrowed bark that is nearly black on mature trees. The inner bark is bright yellow to orange, which is why it is also referred to as Yellow oak. The leaves of the Black Oak have a velvety underside. It produces a significant crop of acorns to feed wildlife.
- You are purchasing one Black Oak Tree planted in a 1 Gallon Pot
- Also known as Yellow oak, Quercitron, Yellowbark oak, or Smoothbark oak
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Botanical Name: Quercus velutina
- Mature Size (H x W): 60’-80’ x 40’-50’
- Soil: Grows well in slightly acidic, well –drained soils
- Hardiness Zone: 3-8
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun
- Characteristics: Furrowed bark
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Tolerance: Sandy and clay soils
- Suggested Uses: Ornamental, specimen, accent plant
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!