The New Jersey Tea shrub grows in a compact, dense, rounded form with thick, woody red roots that grow deep. They help the plant survive during drought conditions, but make it more difficult to transplant once established. It also featured fragrant white bloom clusters from May to July
- You are purchasing one – New Jersey Tea shrub - 1 gallon pot
- Also known as Redroot
- Attracts hummingbirds and butterflies
- Can be shipped dormant
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Botanical Name: Ceanothus americanus L.
- Mature Size (H x W) : 3’-4’ x 3’-5’
- Soil: Moist, well-drained
- Hardiness Zone: 4-8
- Sun Exposure: Full sun to partial shade
- Characteristics: Dense, compact, rounded shrub
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Suggested Uses: Shrub border, Shrubby ground cover for slopes and banks, Specimen
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!