All orders to California will be shipped bare root in accordance with state regulations.
First came ‘Fire Island’ followed by ‘Paradise Island’. The third member of this “tropical” family, is ‘Island Breeze’. With wider margins, thicker leaves, and a strong growth rate, ‘Island Breeze’ has wide, dark green margins that stand in sharp contrast to the bright yellow centers in early spring. The centers come more chartreuse when they are grown in heavier shade, or lighter yellow if they are grown in stronger sun.
’Island Breeze’ features dark lavender flowers on reddish green scapes in midsummer.
Tip: Potted dormant perennials can be kept in a well-lit cool/cold area (i.e. garage, shed, even in a protected area outdoors) until ready for spring planting. Do not allow them to completely dry out.
- You are purchasing one – Island Breeze Hosta - 1 quart pot
- A sport of ‘Paradise Island’
- Attracts hummingbirds
- 1” bloom in mid-summer
- Can be shipped dormant
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Family: Hosta x ‘Island Breeze’
- Mature Size(H x W) : 30”-36” x 18”-24”
- Spacing: 20” apart
- Soil: Moist, well-drained, highly organic soil best
- Soil pH: 5.5-7.5
- Hardiness Zone: 3-9
- Sun Exposure: Light to full shade
- Characteristics: Mound-shaped, Perennial
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Suggested Uses: Border, Rock Gardens, Edging
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!