Spice your food up with Early Italian Purple Garlic! Garlic is used in so many dishes today. Italian Purple garlic is an heirloom Rocambole hardneck garlic. The Italian Purple garlic can easily be distinguished from other garlic by its appearance. Its solid bulb contains a thick central scape surrounded by about six to eight cream colored cloves in easy to peel skin. These bulbs grow best in rich fertile soil. Italian Purple garlic finds its primary culinary relevance appropriately in Italy.
Garlic can be planted in the spring as soon as the ground can be worked, but fall planting is recommended. In areas that get a hard frost, plant garlic 6-8 weeks before the first frost, cover with a 3" layer of straw, grass clippings or other organic mulch.
- You are purchasing Early Italian Purple Garlic Bulbs
- Family: Allium sativum var. ophioscorodon ‘Early Italian Purple’
- Soil: Well-drained, plenty of organic matter
- Hardiness Zone: 3-9
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun
- Characteristics: Hardneck
- Ripens/Harvest: 120+ days to maturity
- Spacing: Block Planting - 4" apart and 2" deep in upright position
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!