All orders to California will be shipped bare root in accordance with state regulations.
With delicate silver on the underside of its leaves, the Silver Maple definitely shivers with even a light wind. The bark, too, is silver in color, especially when the tree is young. It's a fast grower, so it is popular with many landscapers. It is a rewarding tree if you have the space to accommodate its large size and wide-spreading root system.
The Silver Maple features 3"-6" leaves with 5 lobes separated by notably deep, narrow sinuses. Green on top and silvery underneath through spring and summer, they turn a pale yellow in the fall. It yields pairs of winged seed over 3" long that ripen in late spring. They are the largest seeds of all native maples.
- You are purchasing one Silver Maple Tree in a 1 Gallon Pot
- Grows in a vase shape
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Botanical Name: Acer saccharinum
- Mature Size (H x W): 50'-80' x 35'-50'
- Soil: Moist, well-drained
- Hardiness Zone: 3-9
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun to partial shade
- Characteristics: Shade tree
- Growth Rate: Fast
- Suggested Uses: Shade, specimen, border
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!