The October Glory Red Maple Tree in an improved cultivar over all other Red Maple Trees, the superior red color of the tree is beautiful!
An ideal landscaping tree, it is fast-growing and requires minimal attention. October Glory Maple Trees quickly mature into a pleasing rounded shape. Its leaves drop later in the autumn season than other trees, so you have more time to enjoy their show! You'll enjoy your October Glory's proud display of red foliage while other trees are bare.
In late Spring it produces tiny conspicuous red flowers that pop against the backdrop of spring green. Showy red fruit attracts birds for great bird watching. You get reliable color that is less dependent on the weather than other maples. October Glories will even grow in warmer climates – areas not typically suited for trees that specialize in fall color.
- You are purchasing one October Glory Red Maple Tree in a 1 Gallon Pot
- Brilliant orange to red color late in the fall
- Yields seeds with attached red-tinged wings that are up to 1.5” in length
- The showy, red-tinged fruits attract many types of birds and other wildlife
- This red maple cultivar was introduced in 1961 by Princeton Nursery
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Botanical Name: Acer rubrum ‘October Glory’
- Mature Size (H x W): 40’-50’ x 35’
- Soil: Moist, well-drained
- Hardiness Zone: 4-9
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun to partial shade
- Characteristics: Shade tree, beautiful fall color
- Growth Rate: Moderate to Fast
- Suggested Uses: Shade, specimen, border
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!