All orders to California will be shipped bare root in accordance with state regulations.
Although the Southern Magnolia is more prevalent in the South – and is the state tree of Mississippi – its zone 6 planting range means it can grow in many northern areas, even as far north as parts of Maine, Michigan, and Washington.
As an ornamental tree, it is beloved for its year-round foliage and delightful, large, late-spring flowers. It produces creamy white flowers, sometimes up to 12” in diameter, with a rich fragrance. Blooms May through June, with some blossoms throughout the summer months.
- You are purchasing one Southern Magnolia Tree in a 1 Gallon Pot
- Is an evergreen, keeping most, but not all, of its leaves year-round
- Leathery leaves 5"-10' in length, lustrous dark green on top with a soft, rusty underside
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Botanical Name: Magnolia grandiflora
- Mature Size (H x W): 60'-80' x 40'
- Soil: Moist, well-drained
- Hardiness Zone: 6-10
- Sun Exposure: Full sun to partial shade
- Characteristics: Flowering and ornamental tree
- Growth Rate: Slow to Moderate
- Suggested Uses: Specimen, ornamental
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!