Considered pest free, the Royal Star Magnolia is a low maintenance shrub that likes fairly moist soil in full sun or partial shade.
Royal Star is a popular variety with slightly larger and showier blooms than other magnolia. Blooms are fragrant, star shaped with 15-30 narrow white petals, typical bloom is about 3”-4” wide. This cultivar blooms about 2 weeks later than other Magnolia varieties.
It is more often grown as an open-branched, multi-trunked large shrub or small tree.
- You are purchasing a Royal Star Magnolia ina 1 gallon pot
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Family: Magnolia stellata 'Royal Star'
- Mature Size: 15’-20’ tall with a spreading, rounded crown
- Soil: Moist, organically-rich, well-drained loam
- Hardiness Zone: 4-9
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun/Part Shade
- Characteristics: Deciduous tree/shrub
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Bloom: Spring, fragrant, white, showy flowers
- Suggested Uses: Specimen, urban garden, woodland garden
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!