This gorgeous pink-flowering Magnolia can be treated as a small tree or large shrub. Plant up close to enjoy the flowers from indoor or outdoor living spaces.
It is more often grown in a multi-trunked form than in a single trunk tree. Beautiful fragrant star-like white flowers appear in spring before the foliage. The strap-like petals are similar to Star Magnolia.
- You are purchasing a Leonard Messel Magnolia - 1 Plant in a 1 Gallon Pot
- Integrate into flowering shrub borders or use as an accent in a sea of massed perennials
- Make it the focal point of a smaller city garden, where you can carefully control the shape for night lighting and visibility
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Family: Magnolia x loebneri 'Leonard Messel'
- Mature Size: 20' x 18'
- Soil: Moist, organically-rich, well-drained loam
- Hardiness Zone: 5-9
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun/Part Shade
- Characteristics: Deciduous tree/shrub, may take 3-4 years before first bloom appears
- Growth Rate: Slow
- Bloom: Spring, fragrant, white/purplish-pink, showy flowers
- Suggested Uses: Specimen, accent
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!