The Ann Magnolia is especially prized for its late blooms that helps it avoid frost damage, and ensures a fragrant display each spring!
Gardeners adore its fuchsia, goblet-shaped blossoms! The lightly scented reddish-purple flowers emerge from beautiful, tapered buds as the season begins. Chalice-shaped flowers seem to blanket the tree in late spring in deep, purple/red splendor. Just when you think it has completed its show for summer, it may still surprise you with a repeat bloom.
Ann Magnolia is a delightful shrub form that is a member of the "Little Girl" group of hybrid magnolias. Its mounded habit and leathery green foliage are an added bonus that maintains an attractive sight for your landscape even when the Ann Magnolia is not in bloom. You can leave your Ann Magnolia to grow naturally beautiful, or prune it annually to maintain the desired size and shape.
- You are purchasing a Magnolia Tree 'Ann' – 1 Gallon
- Magnificent flowers
- Late blooming, with some blossoms reappearing in the summer
- Can be trained to grow as a shrub or small tree
- Dark green leaves with somewhat leathery appearance
- Rounded shape
- Low maintenance
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Family: Magnolia liliflora 'Nigra' x stellate 'Rosea' 'Ann'
- Mature Size: 10' x 10'
- Soil: Acidic, loamy, moist, rich, sandy, silty loam, well-drained
- Hardiness Zone: 4-7
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun/Part Sun
- Characteristics: Flowering shrub, deciduous shrub, fragrant showy flowers
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Bloom: Spring flowering, red-purple flowers
- Suggested Uses: Flowering shrub/small tree, shrub border, woodland gardens, specimen plant, foundation
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!