All orders to California will be shipped bare root in accordance with state regulations.
James Macfarlane lilac blooms two weeks later than Syringa vulgaris types. The true single pink flowers bloom freely. It is extremely hardy and adaptable, withstanding moisture conditions fatal to vulgaris hybrids. This lilac has an upright shape.
James MacFarlane is an elegant, hardy shrub which will make a colorful informal hedge, or can be grown as a specimen shrub or small tree. As with many other lilacs, this lilac will attract hummingbirds and butterflies!
- You are purchasing a 'James MacFarlane' Lilac shrub – 1 quart Potted Plant
- Easy care
- Attracts butterflies, songbirds
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Family: Syringa prestoniae
- Mature Size: 8' x 6'-10'
- Soil: Well-drained, adaptable
- Hardiness Zone: 2-7
- Sun Exposure: Full sun to partial shade
- Characteristics: Deciduous shrub
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Bloom: Pink
- Suggested Uses: Cutting garden, hedge, mass planting, privacy screen, urban garden, wildlife garden
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!