All orders to California will be shipped bare root in accordance with state regulations.
The Bloodgood Japanese Maple is the most popular variety of red Japanese maples. They are extremely easy to care for, and their distinctive red foliage makes these trees the ultimate in outdoor decorative beauty.
The Bloodgood is ideal as a focal point or accent plant in your landscape, or as a property divider for any residential landscape. They are known for their ability to retain color throughout the seasons. This Japanese maple tree's foliage has a deep burgundy hue throughout the spring and well into the summer months that transitions to an eye-catching bright-red tone during the winter months. It’s bark is silver in color and also provides a lovely visual.
This tree prospers in growing zones 5-8; however they can grow in any region as a potted variety. They reach heights of 15 feet but can easily be maintained to any desired height with regular pruning.
Bloodgoods are adaptable to various soil types and will succeed in partial to full sunlight. As an added bonus, these trees are low maintenance and are naturally disease and pest resistant.
- You are purchasing a Bloodgood Japanese Maple – 1 Gallon Trade Pot
- These trees arrive with a well established root system
- Perfect for bonsai after pruning
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Family: Acer palmatum 'Atropurpureum'
- Mature Size: 10'-15’ Height x 10' Spread
- Soil: Well drained, moist, widely adaptable
- Hardiness Zone: 5-8
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun/Part Shade
- Characteristics: Rounded, Upright, Very hardy, take Southern heat
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Suggested Uses: Focal point, accent, property border
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!