All orders to California will be shipped bare root in accordance with state regulations.
Add this award winning hydrangea to your landscape! First, you’ll see deep green Oakleaf foliage. Then, copious panicles of white flowers spring forth. In late summer and fall, the red-bronze or purple foliage will add depth to your yard or garden. Blooms will develop a rosy pink hue as they age. In winter, Snow Queen is anything but ice cold…the bark will peel back reveal a rich brown inner bark.
Snow Queen has an upright broad, rounded habit and typically grows 4-6' tall. This hydrangea features elongated, conical clusters (4-12" long) of mostly sterile, white flowers. This hydrangea needs shelter from harsh afternoon sun. Water deeply and regularly during first growing season to establish an extensive root system. Fertilize regularly during growing season. Blooms on old wood; prune to shape in summer after flowering. Remove weak, damaged stems in early spring. Pruning time: summer after flowering.
- You are purchasing one – Snow Queen Oakleaf Hydrangea – 1 Gallon Pot
- Easy to care for and maintain
- Attracts butterflies, bees, and birds
- Mid-summer and fall interest
- Can be shipped dormant
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Botanical Name: Hydrangea quercifolia ‘Flemygea’
- Mature Size(H x W) : 4’-5’ x 5’-6’
- Soil: Organically rich, well-drained
- Hardiness Zone: 5-9
- Sun Exposure: Partial Sun
- Characteristics: In fall blooms turn rosy-pink as the leaves turn deep red-bronze; large, dense, white flower clusters
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Suggested Uses: Specimen, border, cutting garden, hedge, mass planting, urban garden, woodland garden
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!